Re: fallback color for background-image (ISSUE-5)

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>> What actually happens when the image format is not supported?
>
> The fallback color would be used (per the proposal).

I think I'm following now. If so don't you mean this instead.

background: red / transparent url(...);

Where the element shows the red background until the image is loaded and
then the transparent background is used instead. If the image format is
not supported or a 404 happens, then the initial fall back color is used
always. For me fall back is movement to the left (backwards).

>> I have forgotten to ask this previously. What is Issue-5?
>
> It's a reference to the issue tracker the CSS WG uses:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/

This did help. :-)

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/