Re: fallback color for background-image (ISSUE-5)

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:42:24 +0200, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
wrote:
> For the cases where images are disabled or with a 404 error wouldn't
>
> background: url(image.png);
>
> do the same?

No it would not.

> Why have the red background in the first place?

As fallback.

> What actually happens when the image format is not supported?

The fallback color would be used (per the proposal).

> Would the result be similar to what happens with IE6 and transparent png
> that shows a silver background?

No idea.

> I have forgotten to ask this previously. What is Issue-5?

It's a reference to the issue tracker the CSS WG uses:

   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>