Re: [CSS3-content] [css3-lists] [css3-page] Implied counter-increment

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:44:16 +1100
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi David,

> No, I'm saying that the implied counter would increment no matter
> what the counter-increment property says, so an author who wants to
> undo the increment would use -1.  (But the better way would still be
> to use a different counter.)

That's not how we do it in Prince, we let the user override automatic
increments by specifying an increment of zero for that counter. It seems
logical, as it avoids introducing the concept of an unchangeable shadow
increment that can't be directly modified, but only canceled out.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!