Re: specificity, user style sheets and SVG

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:39:58 +0100
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style@w3.org, SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>

On Friday, February 9, 2007, 3:20:21 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> Boris,

JC> I haven't (yet) completed an authoritative analysis of current UA
JC> behaviour in this respect.

JC> however using a user style sheet:
JC> :link, :visited { text-decoration: underline ! important }

JC> this worked well with many html pages, however with svg it appears it
JC> may not for Opera, Amaya and Camino

In Opera, did you say in the preferences that you wanted to apply a
user stylesheet?

Pseudoclasses work on SVG in Opera (tested on 9.10 under Win XP)

JC> I wasn't able to enable ie5.2 to accept a user style sheet.
Its possible to do. Please see
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/ie5/css.aspx

However, do you mean that you were not able to get an SVG plug in,
running in IE, to apply user style sheet?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG