Re: CSS Generated content selection

From: Yahia <cyahia@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:10:05 -0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: "Kornel Lesinski" <kornel@osiolki.net>

Kornel Lesinski <kornel@osiolki.net> wrote:

> <q> crosses barrier between content and presentation, copying of GC
> quotes is neccessary to preserve meaning of text, even when other
> formatting can be discarded.

I agree that <q/> is special, but in its case the quotes are generated by
the browser without specifying so in the CSS (double- and single- quotes).
They should be copyable because they are part of the content; without the
quotes the text will be misinterpretable.

> Of course documents should make sense when CSS is not available

you were pointing to.

--
Yahia
<http://yahia.ma/antiblog/>