Re: :loading :loaded :missing :corrupt

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:44:17 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Maybe this exists or was discussed but I missed it. Excuse me if so.
> Pseudo-class selectors I wish were available are for images relate to
> their status in loading, so maybe a remote image could be hidden when
> the network becomes isolated, etc.

These are almost all only really useful for user style sheets, for which
it is not essential to define an over the wire format.

> Distinct states that would be useful to recognize include:

The style sheet itself could be loading, so one can't really rely on
anything except the default (out of line style sheets are generally
considered desirable).

> :missing,
> :corrupt

These two should not occur in a properly maintained site.

I think you are also missing two cases:

- blocked by policy (e.g. same origin policy);

- images turned off globally.