[css3-gcpm] New WD: Generated Content for Paged Media

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:55:22 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

The CSS WG published a new WD, titled

    CSS3 module: Generated Content for Paged Media
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-css3-gcpm-20060612

It describes features typically only used when printing: running headers
and footers, footnotes, references to page numbers, floats to the top
and bottom of a page, etc.

Indeed, we may define explicitly that these features *don't* work in
interactive media. (Although I already heard people ask for footnotes
to work interactively as well, possibly as a light-weight form of
hyperlink, opening a pop-up.)

It's the first draft of these features and in a very early stage.
Feedback welcome. (Please prefix subject lines with [css3-gcpm].)

Bert