[CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] border-radius

From: Joost 'AlthA' de Valk <webkit@joostdevalk.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:45:57 +0200
Cc: Mark Rowe <opendarwin.org@bdash.net.nz>
To: www-style@w3.org

When an element has a border-radius that is more than half the the
element's width or height, should it draw a border at all?

F/I:

background-color: #0f0;"></div>

In WebKit, this div will not be rounded, since it's height is to low
to have a rounded with a radius of 30px. The spec, up till now, says
nothing of how to behave in this situation. My suggestion would be to
add:

"If the border-radius is more than half of the width or height of an
element, the border-radius is not drawn at all."

I'd like to hear your opinion on this situation.

For reference, this is bug 8736 in WebKit's bugzilla.

Kind regards,
Joost