Re: [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] border-radius

From: dolphinling <lists@dolphinling.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:59:11 -0400
To: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>
CC: Joost 'AlthA' de Valk <webkit@joostdevalk.nl>

Joost 'AlthA' de Valk wrote:

> When an element has a border-radius that is more than half the the
> element's width or height, should it draw a border at all?
>
> F/I:

> background-color: #0f0;"></div>
>
> In WebKit, this div will not be rounded, since it's height is to low to
> have a rounded with a radius of 30px. The spec, up till now, says
> nothing of how to behave in this situation. My suggestion would be to add:
>
> "If the border-radius is more than half of the width or height of an
> element, the border-radius is not drawn at all."

What if only the bottom right border has a radius? In that case, there
would be no problem. Same thing if the bottom right had a radius of 30
and the top right had a radius of 20.

I agree clarification is needed (assuming you're right that it's not
there, I didn't check), but I think it should just be that if the
border-radiuses overlap, they should be clipped at their intersection.

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>