Re: [BULK] - Re: [XHTML2] Spirit of "1.1.3. XHTML 2 and Presentation" (PR#7759)

Daniel Schierbeck wrote:

> Chris Sullins wrote:
>
>> In my opinion, "style" makes perfect sense.
>
> I'm not sure I agree. I do not speak English natively, so I may be
> wrong about this. I see "style" simply as colors and fonts etc. - what
> about animations? I'd much prefer "presentation", which in my mind
> covers more ground.

Indeed, "presentation" is the word I use in my software. Were we
starting afresh, that is a word I would prefer over "style".

Your point about non-native English speakers is very important. I am
unfortuntely a a prisoner of English, so cannot help find better words
outside, but would be happy to adopt anything more universally meaningful.
--
Paul Mitchell
www.paul-mitchell.me.uk