Re: [BULK] - Re: [XHTML2] Spirit of "1.1.3. XHTML 2 and Presentation" (PR#7759)

Paul Mitchell wrote:

> Daniel Schierbeck wrote:
>
>> Chris Sullins wrote:
>>
>>> In my opinion, "style" makes perfect sense.
>>
>> I'm not sure I agree. I do not speak English natively, so I may be
>> wrong about this. I see "style" simply as colors and fonts etc. -
>> what about animations? I'd much prefer "presentation", which in my
>> mind covers more ground.
>
> Indeed, "presentation" is the word I use in my software. Were we
> starting afresh, that is a word I would prefer over "style".
I think we are in some sense starting afresh - aren't we talking about
having this element in the XML namespace? That's a major break from the
XHTML <style/> element. I think we might as well use an appropriate
element type name, since we break backwards compatability anyway.

Cheers,
Daniel Schierbeck