Re: [css3] CSS3 Syntax

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 01:03:26 +1100
To: Sebastian Gräßl <sebastian.graessl@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Sebastian Gräßl wrote:
> For a long time now i have the idea of an Syntax change in CSS.
> I think it should be more like a DOM-Tree.
> In fact it should only have the ability to write definitions in
> defintitions.
> A short Example:
>
> ul {
>    li {}
> }
>
> but it should be still possible, and that's something important to
> slowly introduce it, to write:

It is impractical to change the syntax like that in CSS for
compatibility reasons.  But you can use a syntax like that if you run it
through a preprocessor that outputs CSS in the correct syntax.  Take a
look at DCSS, which uses that approach with a similar syntax to your
suggestion.

http://myles.id.au/2006/11/20/introducing-dcss/

--
Lachlan Hunt