[css3] CSS3 Syntax

From: Sebastian Grl <sebastian.graessl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:21:50 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello.

For a long time now i have the idea of an Syntax change in CSS.
I think it should be more like a DOM-Tree.
In fact it should only have the ability to write definitions in
defintitions.
A short Example:

ul {
    li {}
}

but it should be still possible, and that's something important to
slowly introduce it, to write:

ul li {}

and overwrite the definition of a li in an ul.

Why do i think it is a good idea?

1) Well, i work at a shop where lot's of XML stuff get's done an
teammates who have to work with/on my CSS don't quitly, in fact they
hardly understand selectors like:

#menu ul li ul li ul {}

2) It helps (or forces) you to better design your CSS, which helps you
also to debug your code.
     I often have the bad habbit, that when i have to hurry i simply add
a definition somweher in my CSS.

3) File size. i have two stylesheet attached, one with ordinary syntax
and one with the nested syntax.

I hope i have time in near future to write a parser for the nested
syntax, just to see how i handle it.

Greetings
Basti