Re: Web Fonts

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:06:07 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Indeed. Instead of writing
>
>         font-family: Headline;
>         src: url(http://example.com/fonts/hdl);
>     h1 {font-family: Headline, serif}
>
> you would write:
>
>     h1 { font-familiy: Headline, url(http://example.com/fonts/hdl.zip), serif }

I don't believe these are equivalent in terms of the IE implementation.  My
experience of embedding Microsoft's optional Windows 98 Chinese fonts is
that IE will not use the local font if there is an "embedded" font of the
same name.  It's a while since I did it, but I believe that I had to modify
the WEFT generated name and include both it and the original local name
in the using reference.