Re: Text Flow (How about pseudo elements?)

Daniel Todd Currie wrote:

> Quite frequently (on nearly every page I make), I wish that I could
> make text flow from one div to another...

I made a similar request in 2003. I'd still like to see it implemented as it
would be much more extensible than the current limiting to just columns.
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jul/0006.html>

Here's another explanation:
<http://cookiecrook.com/2003/08/#cc106075219435449072>

Basically, instead of linking a non-semantic element, it uses a
pseudo-element to generate the additional layout boxes as needed. For
example, if you want text to flow from box 1 to box 2 to box 3:

START ASCII

                  ----------------------
                  |                    |
                  |          1         |
                  |                    |
|                 |
|        2        |
|                 |
|                  3                   |

END ASCII

HTML:

CSS:

.example {