Re: [CSS21] Does 10.6.7 apply to the root element?

The spec says.

HTML UAs may apply the overflow property from the BODY or HTML
elements to the viewport. What is the reason for that? About the only
reason I've gotten is "MSIE does it that way." Is it anything sensibly
logical? Is it congruent with the other rules in the spec?

Why should authors be disallowed from applying overflow to the HTML
element or to the BODY element?

body:after { content: "statustext"; }

To apply to the status bar and

body:before{ content: "titletext"; }

to apply to the title bar.

Another wonderfully stupid idea. Makes about as much sense as applying
overflow of BODY and HTML to viewport. (Only difference: I'm being
innovative in stupdity, whereas the spec's stupidity is in following
MS's fuzzy logic).

Garrett

http://dhtmlkitchen.com/