Text Flow

From: Daniel Todd Currie <lists@los.dtcurrie.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:03:44 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Apologies if this is a common request, but I haven't seen it
discussed, and could find no mention of it anywhere in the spec...

Quite frequently (on nearly every page I make), I wish that I could
make text flow from one div to another.  I suppose this would be a
logical extension of the overflow property, or perhaps a new text-
overflow property.  Something like this:

#firstDiv
{
	text-overflow: id(#secondDiv);
}

This way, the text always flows naturally around the page and yet
always fills spaces that may be flexible based on viewable area.

Have I explained this clearly?  Is this functionality perhaps already
available (and I'm thus an idiot)?  Am I an idiot regardless of the
availability of this functionality?

-- Daniel