Re: Simple template-based editing

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:27:31 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> You could have 'contenteditable' which becomes 'xhtml:contenteditable'
> where
> 'xhtml' is bound to 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' when not applied to an
> element in that namespace. That way you would be compatible with existing
> implementations and use it for other markup languages as well.

Anne, I don't care about the technical solution at this time. I am just
dealing with the requirements: copy/paste must preserve editability if
needed, w/o having to resolve, factorize and rewrite selectors or XPath
between two document instances (do s/editability/presentation and you
have the best argument for the existence of the style attibute).

In other words, using a steamroller to kill an ant is not a good solution.

</Daniel>