Re: Simple template-based editing

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:53:49 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Bert Bos wrote:
>>And, as I said, you can have templates for anything, not just for HTML.
>>An attribute in HTML would solve only the HTML case.
>
> If multiple languages are a concern, then a global attribute (as Daniel
> suggested) would be one option.

A global attribute could work but then we're down the namespace rathole
once again :)

> (SVG also has an attribute for this, FWIW, though SVG is a
> presentational language rather than a semantic language.)

SVG's 'editable' attribute is only for text fields, it does not handle
any markup insertion of any kind (nor should it).

FWIW, a presentational language is just a language capturing the
semantics of geometry and colours :)

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist