Re: several messages

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:47:25 +0200
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Hi Ian,

On Oct 18, 2005, at 19:00, Ian Hickson wrote:
> The statements you cite only apply to text/css resources, which are
> the
> responsibility of the CSS working group. They are not statements
> regarding
> the general W3C property namespace, which naturally is shared by
> all W3C
> working groups.

I don't know if this answer satisfies Craig but it doesn't satisfy
me. Other specification such as SVG (and I'm sure other W3C
specifications) add properties for their own needs (which I believe
is useful since CSS should be extensible, or at least that was my
understanding) and they can use these properties in CSS style sheets
contained in text/css resources. Is the CSS WG hereby implying that
properties in the general W3C property namespace but not in CSS
specifications cannot occur in text/css documents (and perhaps that
another media type should be used)? If so this is a serious
coordination issue, and it is a pity that the CSS WG did not bring it
up while reviewing the relevant specifications, several of which were
published many years ago.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist