Re: several messages

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Craig Northway wrote:

> Section 4.2
>
> This section states that CSS reserves all property values and
> @-keywords. So any property introduced by other working groups must be
> ignored. This also states that only future CSS specifications can
> introduce properties. Please remove statements that indicate the CSS WG
> owns all property values and @-keyword as this is not true. For instance
> SVG 1.1 introduced for instance, the @color-profile keyword.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Craig Northway wrote:

> Section 4.2
>
> The last sentence under the illegal values bullet point indicates that
> conforming CSS UA's can accept values defined in future specification.
> This does not take into account values that could be added by other
> grammars. Please allow other grammers (such as SVG) to add property values.

Hi,

The CSS working group discussed these issues.

The statements you cite only apply to text/css resources, which are the
responsibility of the CSS working group. They are not statements regarding
the general W3C property namespace, which naturally is shared by all W3C
working groups.

We therefore reject your request that these statements be changed.

Cheers,