Printing a Book with CSS

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:09:32 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Bert Bos and myself recently produced the last edition of our book [1]
directly from HTML and CSS files. Along the way, the beginnings of a
book microformat (boom!) and some CSS extensions were developed. For
example, the Table of Contents uses leaders and generated page
numbers:

   Introduction...................12

We describe our experiences and the proposed CSS extensions in an
article published on AListApart: Printing a Book with CSS - Boom!

   http://www.alistapart.com/articles/boom

It would be interesting to have a discussion on this list about the
proposed extensions.

Cheers,

-h&kon