Re: CSS selectors and xml:id

Chris Lilley wrote:
> HST> Personally I would settle for DTD and W3C XML Schema in some detail,
> HST> refer to 'other/external methods' and give xml:id as an e.g.
>
> That  would be suboptimal, for example there would be no conformance
> requirement and thus no xml:id samples in the test suite.

Really, why should the *CSS* test suite check for conformance on xml:id?
Really, theoretically you can implement just for HTML or for neither XML
nor HTML and still be conformant I believe.

Also, the arguments given that Amaya supports xml:id and that now only
one other browser has to support it to meet the requirements is nonsense
as Amaya hasn't implemented all of CSS.

Two interoperable implementations means that there are two
implementations which implement *every* feature of the specification in
an interoperable way. You can't say those two implementations support
that feature and those two support that, et cetera. There have to be two
implementations that support all of it and are interoperable.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>