Re: Designs that zoom (was : Why reduce font size)

Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> We would like to ensure that it remains legible no matter
> to what degree it is zoomed [*], implying that the top left
> corner remains fixed whilst the lower right corner moves
> ever farther to the right and down as the degree of zoom
> increases.  The second row represents a series of navigation
> links which will result in drop-downs : the drop-downs
> should also expand rightwards and downwards in the same
> way as the main page.  The third row is composed of two
> columns which should retain their relative proportions
> whilst expanding in the same way.

Set your container widths the way I set text sizes - in ex. Ex
approximates the width of a character. So, if my container needs to be
60 characters wide, I set 'width: 60ex'. That way, the relationship
between content size and container size remains constant when zoom
occurs.
--
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."
                                                Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/