Re: Why reduce font size

Christoph Päper wrote:

>The defaults (16 px) work fine for me, having
>average eye-sight and using a quite common
>display setup (15" TFT @ 1024 px × 768 px).
>Anyway, this is not really a topic for www-style.

Well, would it be possible or appropriate for the
spec to recommend that initial UA defaults be
explicitly set by the user by means of a sizing
wizard on install?  Such a recommendation would
be non-normative, but I can't think of a better
place for a formal recommendation that might
actually have some effect on the eternal
font-size wars.  If the user is always setting
their own default to suit their own needs,
perhaps designers will feel less temptation to
over-ride those user choices.

Or maybe we are just stuck in font-size purgatory forever.

--

-Adam Kuehn