Re: Image-dislay status media query for reducing reflows -was Re: FAQ about reasons behind CSS

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:47:47 +0300, Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
wrote:

> Emrah BASKAYA wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> What /is/ the "size of the Alt tag" ?  The size if the Alt contents
> were displayed all on one line ?  Or if they were wrapped to fit
> within (say) a 4x3 aspect ratio box ?  Or what ?  And will you
> need a new CSS property
>
> 	ALT {font-size : 8pt; white-space: nowrap}
>
> or similar ?

Ability to style the alt tags would be very nice, I am not aware how
currently the alt tags inherit their properties, is there are rule for it
in CSS or HTML?

Also, the problem as to what to do with a long line would be a problem
only when both img sizes are set to 'auto' (someone may offer a better
property value than auto tho, to imply that alt tag will be used as size
reference). There wouldn't be a problem  if the width is set, or limited
with a max-width.

Tho, styling alt tags would be so nice.

Now, my question is, is the content declared in alt is considered a child
of the image? I think not, but if it was, we could style img *, alt would
be included automatically.

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com