Re: Editorial Comment on CSS3 Values and Units (and perhaps other specs)

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:39:21 -0400
To: Felix Miata <mrmazda@ij.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Felix Miata wrote:

> Then again, it might not:
> http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/tmp/Images/curlyquotes.gif

It appears that your e-mail client does not properly handle UTF-8. It's
time to upgrade it.

Regardless of the problems with e-mail clients, this should be a
non-issue for specs written in HTML and published on the Web. For
instance, I note that the archive page of my original e-mail displays
the curly quotes just fine:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005Jul/0437.html

Many W3C specs use Japanese characters for the names of Japanese
contributors with no apparent problems. Curly quotes are much easier to
handle.