Re: Editorial Comment on CSS3 Values and Units (and perhaps other specs)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:54:46 +0200
To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Elliotte Harold wrote:
>A minor point, but one that perceptibly enhances the appearance of W3C
>specs: I was wondering if it was perhaps time to start using curly
>quotes in W3C specs.

See <http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#Punctuation>, if you think this
section should be changed, see the SotD for where to send comments. Note
that people often copy and paste text from W3C Technical Reports into
mails, usenet article, other web pages, etc. and there is often lack for
support for non-ascii characters in the relevant software. Even W3C's
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-i18n-comments/2004Apr/ list
archive is not particularly good at handling those.