Re: New layout language.

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 02:09:53 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Orion Adrian:
> The idea I've been trying to get across this whole time is that the
> mental models of the people here are very unlikely to be the mental
> models of most designers.

That's basically because designers have sadly learned to restrict their
layout thinking to what is possible on a sheet of paper or Photoshop,
or, very differently, HTML tables. In the former two cases the coder
needs to ask them, which parts have to be flexible or depend how on
what, in the latter case, usually after a small clean-up of several old
dirty tricks, CSS provides the same, but implementations don't.