Re: Is There a Problem?

Orion Adrian wrote:
> On 7/5/05, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>>Yes, you are, so long as you use a vendor prefix, e.g.
>>
>>   -orion-layout: rect(0,0,100%,100%);
>
> But then the only way to remove the -orion- part is to get it approved
> by the W3C. Frankly, I don't think it's very usable to have all my
> properties start out with the same text.

Would you rather you were allowed to define properties without any
prefix?  Say, for example, you define and implement a 'layout' property
in your own system.  Then what happens when the CSSWG decides that they
want to introduce a 'layout' property aswell, but need to define it
differently from the way you've implemented it?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/