Re: CSS is doomed (10 years per version ?!?)

From: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:55:50 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

On 7/1/05, Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter Williams wrote:
>
> >>From: Orion Adrian
> >>
> >>If anyone thinks I'm going to put up with a sloppy system for a
> >>decade, then I'm just going to stick with Microsoft which doesn't seem
> >>to have this problem.
> >>

> >How is a large software company (Microsoft)
> >an alternate to a web style language (CSS)?
> >

> I believe he's implying he'd prefer Microsoft inventing some replacement
> for CSS.

No, I'm saying that if Microsoft produced a replacement for CSS or
XHTML or whatever, I'd probably like it because they've bothered to
create a feeling of trust in the company. I get the impression from
them that they listen and aren't idealists. They care about my ability
to program and to make a living. They care about my ability to write.

That's why I would probably like what they have to offer.

Orion Adrian