Re: [css3-background], comments on 'border-radius'

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:33:45 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

On Thursday 17 February 2005 08:47, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Under the light of border-image: do we need border-radius at all?
>
> To be implemented with good quality on media:screen rounded corners should
> use
> antialiasing.  No other module in CSS requires AA. Of course if SVG is not
> a part of renderer.
> I think that specialized tools like XaraX will produce better bitmaps with
> rounded corners than any CSS renderer in runtime.

I agree. When evaluating border-radius for implementation in KHTML I realised
that it is both problematic and mostly useless.

Issues not dealt with in the specification:
- Style of the corner (left or top)
- Handling other style-types than solid
- Handling cases where left and top styles are different or have different
thickness
- Placement / cropping content

`Allam