Re: Display: inherit and positioning schemes

Staffan Måhlén wrote:
> All actually, but I don't know enough to tell if that would be
> feasible. Do you know any webpages that use it? To me it seems like a
> UA-developer feature rather than a CSS author feature.

If you set a font-family on the body, and see it being used on all
elements in the document, you’re depending on inherit (even though you
didn’t set it yourself). Inherit is the default value for a number of
properties, and can not be removed because it is depended on by many.

Hiding it or something also won’t do - if I set a property to a certain
value in one rule, and want to reset it to its default (in this case,
inherit) in another, I need to be able to specify inherit.

Basically, removing inherit would majorly break the CSS as it is used
today. So even just thinking about doing so is wasting time you could
better spend on other things :).

~Grauw