Question on anonymous table objects

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:48:15 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org

Section 17.2.1 seems to miss a few cases of nesting of various types of table
elements.  In particular, I am interested in the following cases:

1) A child T of a table-column-group P when T is not a table-column
2) A child T of a table-column P

Should any sort of anonymous objects be generated in these cases?  If not, what
should be the rendering?

My instinct is that in these cases T should generate no boxes whatsoever....

-Boris