Re: Question on anonymous table objects

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Section 17.2.1 seems to miss a few cases of nesting of various types of table
> elements.  In particular, I am interested in the following cases:
>
> 1) A child T of a table-column-group P when T is not a table-column
> 2) A child T of a table-column P

No anonymous boxes are created in those cases (since nothing is described
in that section).

> Should any sort of anonymous objects be generated in these cases?  If not,
> what should be the rendering?

# Elements with 'display' set to 'table-column' or 'table-column-group'
# are not rendered (exactly as if they had 'display: none'), but they are
# useful, because they may have attributes which induce a certain style
# for the columns they represent."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#q2