Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On 8/26/05, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Friday 2005-08-26 18:25 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> > Is there something that prevents you from adding links to figures that
> > include the full documents the fragments come from while leaving the
> > example text alone. This /would/ require minimal changes as it doesn't
> > affect the text around the example, just the example.
>
> Do you consider this a higher priority than developing a good test suite
> for CSS2.1 and working on CSS3?  Resources that go into one aren't
> available for the other.
>
> I certainly don't.  And if enough people disagree who are
> well-enough aware of the W3C process to impede progress by repeatedly
> submitting comments like this, then I think CSS should be standardized
> elsewhere so that we can use the resources available for specification
> development more effectively.

I would submit that I wasn't implying you should do that, but it did
occur to me that what I just suggested above could be completed by a
third party and added without much affect to the document. I'm not out
to waste your time here, but try to short circuit the discussion in a
direction where both parties could be satisfied quickly.

--

Orion Adrian