Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:58:30 -0700
To: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Friday 2005-08-26 18:51 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> On 8/26/05, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 2005-08-26 18:25 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> > > Is there something that prevents you from adding links to figures that
> > > include the full documents the fragments come from while leaving the
> > > example text alone. This /would/ require minimal changes as it doesn't
> > > affect the text around the example, just the example.

> I would submit that I wasn't implying you should do that, but it did
> occur to me that what I just suggested above could be completed by a
> third party and added without much affect to the document.

It would require a good amount of work by the editors or other closely
involved members of the working group to ensure that said work was done
correctly, that the complete examples were valid and in good style, that
they didn't inadvertently contradict what is in the specification, etc.
And even then, given the number of mistakes in examples that have
already been fixed, I doubt it would happen without introduction of a
significant number of errors.

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation