Re: [CSS3 Text] Removal of text-overflow

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Quoting Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>:
>
>> I saw that right after I sent my last email.
>>
>> So now the question becomes: what does "evaluated" mean? Were the contents
>> of the previous draft flawed in some way?
>
> The previous draft of the CSS 3 Text Module had several issues that have been
> pointed out by fantasai on the www-style mailing list after which she became
> an invited expert to work on the draft.
>
> At a guess I think she just did not get around checking those properties and
> specifying them before the new draft was released.

Or rather, I decided to release a new draft before completing everything since
it's best, imho, to get feedback on existing parts sooner rather than later.

Maybe I should have added a few exclamation points to the Status heading or
something...

> I certainly hope text-overflow:ellipsis will be added back which has already
> one implementation and is quite useful.

It will certainly be added back in, with some changes based on Dave Hyatt's
feedback from the previous CR.

~fantasai