Re: [CSS3 Text] Removal of text-overflow

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:44:35 +0200
To: Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Quoting Brad Fults <bfults@gmail.com>:
> I saw that right after I sent my last email.
>
> So now the question becomes: what does "evaluated" mean? Were the
> contents of the previous draft flawed in some way?

The previous draft of the CSS 3 Text Module had several issues that have been
pointed out by fantasai on the www-style mailing list after which she
became an
invited expert to work on the draft.

At a guess I think she just did not get around checking those properties and
specifying them before the new draft was released.

I certainly hope text-overflow:ellipsis will be added back which has
already one
implementation and is quite useful.

Kind regards,

Anne