Re: Gradients in CSS3?

From: Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:46:31 +0100
To: Orion Adrian <orion.adrian@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> How much of this desire to put it into CSS is because nobody wants to
> implement SVG and/or nobody thinks authors will learn SVG just to get
> gradients?

Completely the latter for me. Neither standard is implemented right
now and both will take a while to gain support. For me, it is
desirable simply because I don't think the effort required to produce
a standalone background image is desirable vs. using a single, simple
CSS instruction.

Ben
http://ben-ward.co.uk