Re: Re[4]: Solving the alpha images and background-color problem

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:30:58 +0300, Ron van den Boogaard <ron@ronvdb.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:58:01 +0300
> "Emrah BASKAYA" <emrahbaskaya@hesido.com> wrote/schreef:
>

>> We are talking about images with transparency, and background-color
>> showing through transparent parts. We need a solution so that when the
>> image is loaded, the background-color changes / or to put it in another
>> persective; we need a color until the image is loaded to provide
>> necessary
>> contrast, which we could switch with some other color when image loads.
>> The swithed color would most of the time be transparent, but not
>> necessarily. We are not talking about a new property, but a new value
>> for
>> background.
>>
> I don't think we do need anything within the standards to provide for
> technical failures. The image will be loaded. That is the premise.
> Degrading gracefully should be done on older standards.

You have not read my proposal and the reason behind it correctly. You seem
to ignore the accessibility aspect of it, when the image turns of the
images or the image is loaded with latency. Please read the older posts.

We urgently, and most definitely need such a feature, so UA's could
embrace it ASAP. Good thing is you'd be free not to use that feature.

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com