Re: User constant declarations in style sheets

From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:24:50 +0300
CC: www-style@w3.org

Werner Donné wrote:
> David Woolley wrote:
>>>want to keep your text in phase. It would then be natural to
>>>express heights in terms of the leading, which would be itself
>>>derived from the font size with a factor. At the moment this
>>
>>This use case is invalid as there is a unit type for line-height,
>
> And what is the name, in CSS, of that unit?

line-height can use a plain number (factor). See the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-line-height

> I want to be able to express lengths in terms of the line height as
> a unit.

(click the <length> in the previous property definition:)
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#value-def-length

Read the specification. This mailing list isn't a help desk. Go to
news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets for help.

--
Mikko