Re: Targeting CSS3 only (evil?), either with pseudoclass or an extra syntax for properties.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:19:18 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> The above is unnecessary. Just do:
>
>   body {
>     background-color: white;
>
>     /* CSS2 */
>     background-image: url('main_bg.png');
>     background-position: top left;
>     background-repeat: repeat
>
>     /* CSS3 */
>     background-image: url('flower.png'), url('ball.png'),
> url('main_bg.png');
>     background-position: bottom right, center, top left
>     background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat, repeat
>   }
>
> ...and it'll work exactly as you wanted it to. Any UA that spports the
> multiple-value syntax will use the second set, and any compliant UA that
> doesn't will use the first set instead.

It may be correct for this example because it uses multiple-value syntax,
but what about other properties? (just repeat the same propery using
commas trick?) and let's remember most think that we need more than a CSS3
scheme, the discussion shifted to "Conditional CSS sections based on
property support".

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com