Re: Colour gradient backgrounds.

From: Max Romantschuk <max@provico.fi>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:10:12 +0300
To: www-style@w3.org

Robin Berjon wrote:
> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>
>> background-color:
>> gradient(colorTopLeft,colorTopRight,colorBottomLeft,colorBottomRight)
>
> That's still not very generic. A good way to do that would be to simply
> use SVG. It'll do the job very well.

I agree. Introducing this into CSS would create unnecessary
redundancies. CSS should allow for styling, but actual graphical
elements (like a non-solid colored background) is best kept in images.

It's a shame that SVG support is still rather poor, but I don't believe
CSS is a sensible place to put gradients.

--
Max Romantschuk
http://max.nma.fi/