Re: CSS: %% length unit. Proposal. Some clarifications.

Then I absolutely, categorically am against %%.  Both from the
standpoint of human usability and computer usability, any unit
that can be applied to <length> should be able to be applied to
any instance of <length> no matter where or how it is used,

I had to argue long and hard on this list to convince the WG
to fix the one instance I knew of where this wasn't the case.
(in the CSS Paged Media module)  I don't want to have to
fight that battle again because of an idea whose benefits
appear to be achievable with the existing CSS table display
properties combined with the proposed calc() function.