Re: CSS: %% length unit. Proposal. Some clarifications.

Ernest Cline wrote:
> Then I absolutely, categorically am against %%.  Both from the
> standpoint of human usability and computer usability, any unit
> that can be applied to <length> should be able to be applied to
> any instance of <length> no matter where or how it is used,

I second that. "The exception confirms the rule" -style ifs and buts in
CSS would be a disaster. First and foremost we need to keep CSS explicit
and coherent, even if at the cost of user firendlyness. some people will
have trouble understanding CSS, but there are WYSIWYG authoring software
for that.

The people who do wish to do stuff by hand should always be able to
calculate what's going to happen with relative ease. %% units would not
make things easyer overall.

--
Max Romantschuk
http://max.nma.fi/