Re: Proposal: useragent at-rule

This is true; "@supports" would only allow for detecting whether a parser
recognizes something.

I still just think it's a bad idea to start coding for particular UAs. It
discourages browser makers from supporting standards; in fact, it could open up
a whole new world of pain with "extensions" to CSS. (And we all know a
corporation that luuuves to "extend" standards...) I suppose it's debatable
whether this has already happened with DOM.

I use server-side scripting to identify UAs and then modify the CSS using PHP -
not the prettiest solution, but it works.

I think ultimately we're debating the merits of one hack vs. another.

-F

Quoth David Hyatt on 3/29/2004 4:22 PM...