Re: [css3-hyperlinks] inclusion of Clink in next WD

From: liorean <liorean@f2o.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:25:10 -0500 (EST)
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>This, as opposed to XLink, which is heavily complicated
> People keep saying this.... but the XLink equivalent of "make this node a link
> to X" is very very simple, in fact.  it's when you want it to point to
> multiple destinations all at once that things get complicated.
> Or am I missing something?

One large hole - how do you apply XLink to generated content?
XLink can only affect document content.

Some kind of linking sematics could be useful for CSS generated content,
even if I think document content linking semantics should definitely be
part of the document, not a stylesheet.
David "liorean" Andersson

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, SwitchStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets:
<http://codingforums.com/> <http://yourmusicforums.com/>