Re: [css3-hyperlinks] inclusion of Clink in next WD

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:12:52 -0500
To: liorean <liorean@f2o.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> One large hole - how do you apply XLink to generated content?
> XLink can only affect document content.

Yes, but that's a totally separate issue from arguing the XLink is too complex
and therefore we need a CSS alternative.

I have no a priori issues with adding linking information to CSS (although

  :not(:link) { link: url(foo); }

does trigger alarm bells), but I'd rather people did so on its own merits
rather than setting up bogus strawmen.

Boris
--
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in
human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.