Re: thoughts on non-compliant browsers

On Mar 7, 2004, at 3:35 PM, Robert Koberg wrote:

> I am not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that pixel
> sizing of fonts has no value? that it, in reality, has no meaning?

No, he's just saying that the text zoom feature zooms all text.  Text
zoom is an accessibility feature designed to enable users who can't
read smaller text to be able to zoom all text on a page to make it
easer to read.  It works this way in Safari as well.

> So, Boris, should I take it that you are not in favor of conforming to
> standards? Or are you saying there should be no such thing as pixel
> font sizes? Why is it in the spec?

The text zoom feature does not violate standards in any way.  I'm not
sure why you think it does.

> Doesn't this make mozilla a sh*tty browser?

Flames are not constructive.

dave